Well, Acne is chronic skin problem that affects the sebaceous glands on the skin and the hair follicles and inflames it. It is a common problem in this modern world.
Acne usually appear in the face, chest, neck and shoulders in the form of lesions. Youngsters in the age of twelve and twenty five age group suffer from this problem .
For people conscious about their physical appearance, Acne has psychological and physiological affects on the affected person.
Types of Acne
Depending upon their appearance and causes of infection, Acne is broadly classified into 6 types:
a) Blackheads: Pimples , which appear on the surface of the skin and have a black appearance.
b) White heads: Pimple under the surface of the skin.
c) Cysts: Painful pimples which may be filled with pus are called cysts. They may leave a scar when they disappear.
d) Nodules: they usually appear deep in the skin and are large and painful. They are hard to touch.
e) Papules: They are small in size and seem tender when touched. They are normally pink in colour.
f) Pustules: They are red at the bottom and have pus on the top.
Symptoms of Acne
- Acne may be in the form of pimples, small cysts and scars
- They may be painful when the pores are clogged.
- They appear on forehead, temples, chin, cheeks and back.
- In rare cases they may appear over the entire body.
- Acne may leave behind scars, if pimples are accompanied by discharge or formation of pus.