The appendix is a small tube shaped sac attached to the lower end of the large intestine. Inflammation of the appendix is known as appendicitis. This can affect both the sexes and can be acute or chronic. Appendicitis occurs mostly between the age of ten to thirty and half of the acute abdominal emergencies in this age is due to this disease.
Symptoms of Appendicitis
- It usually begins with an abrupt and acute pain in the right lower abdomen.
- The pain is usually accompanied by fever, nausea and vomiting once or twice.
In the chronic state of appendicitis,
- The patient may have recurrent pain in the right lower abdomen
- Loss of appetite
- Mild nausea
Causes of Appendicitis
Appendicitis, occurs due to overload of toxic material in the caecum. As a result, the appendix gets irritated and inflamed. Inflammation and infection can be caused by some bacteria or germs which are usually present in the intestinal tract. Other factors which may cause appendicitis are:
Blockage of the appendix , bacterial infections and the flow of resistance of the mucus to the caecum.
When the patient experiences the pain , he/she is advised to consult a doctor immediately.
Related to your query:
- Natural Cure for Arthritis
- Best Natural Cure for Appendicitis