In Ayurveda, Colic Pain is known as Parinama Shula. The word colic is generally referred to abdominal pain around the navel. It comes in spasms and constipation is also associated with it.
There are different types of colic pain:
- ABDOMINAL COLIC PAIN
- INFANTILE COLIC PAIN
- RENAL COLIC PAIN
- INTESTINAL COLIC PAIN
- COLIC PAIN during PREGNANCY
CAUSES AND SYMPTOMS
The causes for colic pain may be many. The presence of some indigestible matter in the alimentary canal can cause colic pain. It may also be caused due to appendicitis, inflammation of the ovary or the liver, gall stones or stones in the kidney, intestinal spasm, accumulation of wind in the intestine, gastric and duodenal ulcer.
The symptoms vary according to the affected organ in the body but the common symptoms associated with colic pain are that the patient suffers from constipation and there may be nausea and vomiting. The main may be noticed in other parts of the body like groins or the genital organs.
According to ayurveda, aggravation of vayu causes the colic pain.
MEDICINES AND PRESCRIPTIONS
The following ayurvedic medicines are recommended for the colic pain.
- SHANKHA BHASMA
Shankha bhasma is the most commonly prescribed Ayurvedic medicine for colic pain.
Dose: 200 mg of shankha bhasma should be given with a cup of warm water three times daily.
- HINGVASHTAKA CHURNA
This is another drug of choice in ayurveda for the colic pain. The main ingredient of Hingvashtaka churna is Hing.
Dose: One teaspoonful should be taken with water thrice daily.
- LASUNADI VATI
Lasunadi vati contains garlic.
Dose: Two tablets should be taken four times in a day.
- MAHASHANKHA VATI
Shankha bhasma is the main ingredient of Mahashankha Vati. It is prescribed in severe cases of colic pain.
Dose: Two tablets must be taken with warm water four times in a day.
- ABHRAKA BHASMA
Abhraka bhasma provides relief in all types of colic pain.
Dose: 200 mg mixed with honey should be taken four times daily.
DIET AND OTHER REGIMEN
- Care must be taken that the diet is as light as possible and easy to digest during this condition. Foods high in carbohydrates and starch should be avoided.
- Fried foods, spices and condiments should also not be taken. Fresh fruits and boiled vegetables and vegetable soup should form the major part of the diet. Fats should be avoided.
- The patient should be encouraged for morning walks and light exercises.
Related to your query:
- Ayurvedic Cure for Gastritis
- Gastritis: Type, Causes, Symptoms & Diagnosis
- 13 Best Natural Food Remedies for Gastritis
- Dyspepsia: Types, Causes & Symptoms
- 18 Best Home Remedy for Dyspepsia
- Ayurvedic Cure for Constipation
- Ayurvedic Cure for Peptic Ulcer (Stomach)
- Ayurvedic Cure for Coma
- Ayurvedic Cure for Cirrhosis Of The Liver