CAUSES AND SYMPTOMS
When the leukemia is in its acute form, pallor, enlargement of the lymphatic glands and spleen and purpuric rash is seen in the patient. Swelling of the abdomen and shortness of breath is also seen. There may also be occasional hemorrhages from the nose, gums, stomach or bowels. There is also diarrhea, dropsy of the feet and also slight degree of fever.
According to ayurveda, leukemia is caused by the vitiation of the all three doshas i.e. vata, pitta and kapha.
MEDICINES AND PRESCRIPTIONS
For the acute cases of leukemia, the following ayurvedic medicines are recommended.
|60mg of Muktapishti, 5.8mg of Bajra Bhasma and 120mg of Pandupanchanan Rasa to be given thrice daily.|
When the leukemia is in the chronic form, these medicines are given.
|120mg of Yakritaplihodarariloha Rasa, 5.8mg of Bajra Bhasma and 120mg of Pandupanchanan Rasa to be given thrice daily.|
A few other drugs which are recommended for leukemia are:-
- Chandrasuryatmak Rasa
- Vishadi Churna
In addition to the above ayurvedic medicines, the home remedies given below are also very useful.
Ø Fresh blood of goat and rabbit should be given in dose of 50 to 100ml is helpful for acute cases of leukemia.
Ø A decoction of fresh liver juice and turmeric is also very helpful.
DIET AND OTHER REGIMEN
- A good, balanced healthy diet is very important. The patient should be advised to eat old rice and oats. Vegetables like gourds, raw banana and papaya, spinach and radish are also considered to be good.
- Fruits like figs, apples, oranges and grapes are good for the patient.
- The patient should avoid injury.
Related to your query:
- Ayurvedic Cure for Loss Of Memory
- 13 Best Natural Food Remedies for Gastritis