In Ayurveda, Frigidity is known as Kaam Shauthalya. The literal meaning of frigidity is coldness. It is a female disorder and in frigidity there is a lack of sexual drive and response. There is a normal desire for sex in a female but when this desire is either weak or completely missing, the woman is said to be frigid and the condition is known as frigidity.
CAUSES AND SYMPTOMS
Organic and functional reasons are two major causes for frigidity. The diseases of the genital organs suppress the desire for sex and are the organic reasons. Trauma like rape or unwilling submission to a person may also be a cause of frigidity. Conflicts with the partner, is another important factor of frigidity. Anxiety about the sexual performance when too much emphasis is on the physical, as opposed to the emotional side of lovemaking may also lead to frigidity. Too much worry about other things in life and tiredness may also lead to reduced sexual drive.
AYURVEDIC MEDICINES AND PRESCRIPTIONS
Aphrodisiacs are the best to deal with frigidity.
1. ASHWAGANDHA – It is known to be one of the best aphrodisiac. It is a good anti stressor, nerve and sex tonic. One tea spoonful of ashwagandha powder can be taken with warm milk two times a day.
OTHER NATURAL REMEDIES PRESCRIBED BY AYURVEDA
1. GINKGO BILOBA, SIBERIAN GINSENG, SAFED MUSLI, DAMIANA, WILD YAM are some herbs which are very helpful in increasing the sexual drive in women and also help in general and sexual weakness.
2. Ginger is also one of the best home remedy for frigidity.
DIET AND OTHER REGIMEN
- A healthy diet is very important to maintain good and healthy life. The diet must include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. The diet should include alfalfa sprouts, eggs, olive oil, pumpkin and other seeds and nuts.
- Poultry, red meat and sugar products should be avoided.
Related to your query:
- Ayurvedic Cure for Erysipelas
- Ayurveda Cure for Filariasis