CAUSES AND SYMPTOMS
According to ayurveda, both these conditions may arise due to the imbalance of the hormones. This imbalance of hormones is caused by the aggravation of the Pitta in the body. Excessive bleeding may be due to the abnormal growth of the uterus or any other organ.
If the bleeding continues for long, the woman may feel headache, pain in the calves, giddiness and restlessness. The woman may experience pain in the back, the abdomen, or the hips when the menstruation starts. The flow may be excessive and may leave the patient excessive weak.
MEDICINES AND PRESCRIPTIONS
The ayurvedic prescriptions for the treatment of Menorrhagia and Metrorrhagia are given below.
|30ml of each with equal quantity of water should be taken after meals twice daily.|
|50mg of each should be taken four times a day.|
|1gm of Pushyanuga Churna, 500mg of Chandraprabha and 240mg of Pushyanuga Churna should be taken with decoction of Kusha grass in the morning and evening.|
|1gm of Chandanadi Churna, 240mg each of Pradararipi Rasa and Bol Parpati should be taken with honey two times daily.|
Heavy menstrual bleeding can also be effectively arrested with some easily available home remedies. See: 21 Best Home Remedies to Stop Heavy Periods Bleeding
DIET AND OTHER REGIMEN
- Hot and spicy foods should be avoided. Sugarcane juice, bananas, grapes and pomegranates are very beneficial in this condition.
- Physical rest and mental peace are must for the patient as worry and anger tend to aggravate the condition.
- No pillow should be used and the foot of the bed should be slightly raised.
- Sexual intercourse should be prohibited.
Related to your query:
- 17 Best Home Remedies for Menstrual Pain | Natural cures
- 21 Best Home Remedies to Stop Heavy Periods Bleeding
- Ayurvedic Cure for Gynecological Disorders
- Coping with Menopause Problems: 19 Best Natural & Home Remedies
- Ayurvedic Cure for Mumps
- Ayurvedic Cure for Meningitis