In Ayurveda, Baldness is known as Khalitya. The loss of hair from the skull is known as baldness. Baldness is a very common problem of the modern world.
CAUSES AND SYMPTOMS FO BALDNESS AS PER AYURVEDA
Certain disease like acute fevers, syphilis, anaemia, myxodema and influenza may be the cause of baldness. Also anxiety and nervous shock may lead to baldness. Heredity also plays a major role in the premature baldness. Eczema of the scalp also leads to fast hair loss. Presence of dandruff or lice and imbalance of the hormones also cause hair loss.
According to ayurveda, all hair problems including hair loss is caused due to the aggravation of the pitta.
AYURVEDIC MEDICINES AND PRESCRIPTIONS FOR BALDNESS
The ayurvedic medicines mentioned below may help in the case of baldness but one should start taking these medicines in the early stages of the baldness.
|One tea spoon full of each of Amrita (giloy), Gokhroo and Amla taken in equal quantities should be mixed with honey and taken three times in a day.|
Black Sesame Seeds,
|Powder of one part each of amla and black sesame seeds and two parts of bhringaraja to be taken with milk.|
|Any of these oils can be used to massage the head.|
OTHER BALDNESS REMEDIES PRESCRIBED BY AYURVEDA
There are certain home remedies which can be applied to get benefits in case of hair loss.
- Coconut oil or mustard oil should be used to oil and massage the scalp as oiling and massaging is to stop the hair loss.
- Herbal soaps or shampoos should be used to wash and clean the hair.
- The hair should be washed with a paste of cooked Urad dal and fenugreek two times a week is also a good remedy for hair loss.
- Spinach and lettuce juice are considered to be very good to induce hair growth. Alfalfa and carrot juice mixed together is also a good diet for hair loss.
- Coconut oil and lime juice should be mixed and applied on the hair. This also is a good home remedy for hair loss.
- The scalp should be rubbed vigorously with the fingers. This activates the sebaceous glands which give nourishment to the hair and prevent the hair fall.
DIET AND OTHER REGIMEN
- All food items which aggravate the pitta should be avoided.
- Too much of oily, fried, spicy, greasy, sour and acidic foods should be avoided. Also excessive intake of tea and coffee should be reduced.
- The diet should consist of fresh fruits and vegetables in large quantities so that the essential vitamins and minerals are supplied to the body.
- The bowels should be cleared daily. In case of constipation, a mild laxative should be taken.
Related to your query:
- Ayurvedic Cure for Black Water Fever
- Ayurveda Cure for Anaemia