In Ayurveda, Gonorrhea is known as Ushna Vata. This a sexually transmitted disease ( STD) and the most common STD all over the world. It is an inflammatory disease which affects the mucus membrane of the urethra and the vagina in the males and females respectively. White mucus like discharge takes place from the male and the female genitals.
CAUSES AND SYMPTOMS
Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted disease and it can be transmitted through all forms of sexual contact with an infected person. It is a contagious disease usually by sexually inter course and rarely it can also be transmitted by the discharge on towels or other clothes. It can also be transmitted from an infected mother to her baby during birth.
According to ayurveda, it is caused due to the disorder of the vata.
In men, the initial symptoms of this disease is irritation of the urethra, pain during urination and a burning sensation in the urethra, a pus white in color also discharges from the penis. If it is left untreated, the organs nearby might get inflamed and the bladder, the testicles and the prostate gland may also be affected.
In females, it usually begins with a vaginal discharge which is yellowish in color. There is a frequent urge to urinate and also pain is experienced during urination and the mouth of the vagina and the glands close to the vulva gets inflamed. This inflammation may also spread to the ovaries, the fallopian tubes and the uterus. The patient suffers from the pain in the lower abdominal regions, pain during sexual inter course, irregular periods and bleeding when there are no periods.
MEDICINES AND PRESCRIPTIONS
|Shatapatryadi Churna||5gm to be taken with warm cow’s milk during night time.|
|Chandanadi Vati||To be taken at intervals of two hours.|
|3gm of Raladi Churna and 1gm of Puyamehantaka Rasa to be taken thrice daily with water.|
DIET AND OTHER REGIMEN
- Anti vata diet is recommended for the people suffering from the disease of Gonorrhoea. Spicy foods should be totally avoided and light and easily digestible foods should be taken. The diet should not be dry and more liquids should be taken. Alcohol must be avoided.
- Kanji is considered to be very beneficial for this condition. It is the water which is left when rice is cooked.
- Rice and milk are good choices of food. A glass of milk taken before going to bed at night is very helpful. Fruits which have high water content are specially recommended. Cold foods like ice creams and frozen foods should be avoided.
Related to your query:
- 15 Best Home Cures for Yeast Infection
- 15 Best Home Cure for Urinary Tract Infection | Home remedies UTI
- Ayurvedic Cure for Hectic Fever
- Ayurvedic Cure for Gout