In Ayurveda, leprosy is known as Kushta Roga. Leprosy is a chronic disease. This affects particularly the mucous membranes if the nerves and the skin.
CAUSES AND SYMPTOMS
Modern medicines say that the causative organism is Mycobacterium leprae. There are two different types of leprosy: TUBERCULOID and LEPROMATOUS. The symptoms involve the skin as well as the nervous system.
The causative factor of leprosy according to ayurveda is the aggravation of all the three doshas. There are two main division of kushta Roga: Kshudra Kushta is of eleven types and Maha Kushta is of seven types.
The person with leprosy is most likely to have the following symptoms:
- The nerve and the Upper Respiratory Tract get damaged.
- Damage is also seen in Eyes, Skin, Testes, and Skin
- The patient sensitivity to feel touch, heat, or pain decreases.
- There is numbness in the hands, arms, legs, or feet.
- Weakness of Muscles
- Loss of Body Hair, including eyebrows, and eyelashes is also noticed.
MEDICINES AND PRESCRIPTIONS
|Khadradirishta||25ml to be taken with lukewarm water after meals daily.
|125mg of Rasamanikya, 1gm of Panchanimba Churna and 500mg of Gandhaka Rasayana to be taken in the morning and evening.|
|10ml of Mahatiktaka Ghrita and 60ml of Navakakashaya to be taken twice daily.
- Chalmoogra Oil, which is mixed with lime Juice and used as a paste format to eliminate various inflammations of the skin, and ulcers throughout the body.
- Dashmoolarishta and Triphala Churna are also beneficial for leprosy.
DIET AND OTHER REGIMEN
- Foods that are soft and easy to digest should only be taken.
- Injuries should be avoided especially to hands and feet.