CAUSES AND SYMPTOMS
The symptoms of meningitis are very difficult to recognize at its early stage.
- Headache, vomiting and shivering appears first. This is followed by stiffness of the neck.
- The patient may suffer from insomnia, irritability and even delirium. His body becomes tender to touch.
- Sometimes red spots are also seen on the patients’ skin. This is called SPOTTED FEVER. If it is unchecked, the heart may fail within a week and result in death.
MEDICINES AND PRESCRIPTIONS
The following medicines may be taken in meningitis:
Siddha Makaradhwaja; Sauhhagya Vati – 240 mg of Sauhhagya Vati and 120 mg of Siddha Makaradhwaja may be taken two times daily with fresh ginger juice.
Krishna Chaturmukha, KasturiBhairava and Vata Chintamani – 120 mg each of Vata Chintamani, Kasturi Bhairava and Krishana Chaturmukha should be taken three times in a day.
Mahavishagarbha Taila – This should be used for massaging the back.
- The main home remedies for the treatment of meningitis are lemonade, orange juice and other acidic drinks.
- One cup of soya bean milk mixed with 1table spoon of honey should be taken every night for three or four months.
DIET AND OTHER REGIMEN
- When the patient is in a conscious state, a liquid diet may be given orally.
- Physiotherapy is also recommended if there is weakness in any part of the body.