CAUSES AND SYMPTOMS
According to ayurveda, vitiation of Pitta is the cause for the bleeding of the nose. If Pitta goes up, it may cause bleeding from the nose. Nose bleeding may be due to nasal infection, high blood pressure, and sudden fluctuations in environmental temperatures.
MEDICINES AND PRESCRIPTIONS
Whenever nasal bleeding occurs, the patient should be made to sit straight and his head should be turned upwards. This reverses the blood flow. Then, the patient is asked to slowly breathe in.
The Ayurvedic treatment to control and cure nose bleeding are
- 1. CHAYAVANA PRASHA
Nasal bleeding occurs due to nasal polyp and this gathers when a person suffers from severe constipation or cold syndromes. So, cold environmental situations and constipation should be avoided. Both these problems are cured by Chayavana prasha. It should be taken with hot milk twice daily.
- ANU TAILA
Anu taila is a medicated oil that is used as nasal drop. It is useful for patients who suffer from chronic attacks of nose bleed. It is given to the patient during the acute condition.
10 drops is put in each nostril.
A teaspoonful of Vasavaleha should be taken three times daily mixed with milk or honey. It is particularly effective against all symptoms of nasal bleeding.
- DURVA GRASS & POMEGRANATE FLOWER JUICES
These are juices prepared from the Durva grass and the pomegranate flower respectively.
10 drops of the juices prepared from Durva grass need to be applied to each nostril. The patient should deeply inhale the drops.
Similarly, the patient should deeply inhale 10 drops (in each nostril) of the juice prepared from the pomegranate flower.
Apart from the above ayurvedic drugs, there are many effective home remedies for nose bleeding.
- Lemon juice should be dropped into nostrils. This provides excellent relief.
- Juice of fresh coriander leaves can be used as nasal drops.
- A cotton bud dipped in rosewater and kept inside the nostrils stops the bleeding.
- Tulsi juice mixed with honey will also help and provide extra strength to the body.
- Majufal should be grinded to fine powder. The patient should smell it regularly.
- Cold water is one of the best ways to stop nasal bleeding.
DIET AND OTHER REGIMEN
- Spicy and hot food items should be avoided.
- The patient can be given old rice. Cow’s milk and butter are also good for him.
- Mental pressure and tensions should not be taken.
- Full time and sound sleep at night is highly recommended.