Paralysis: Index of Contents
- Meaning of Paralysis
- Types of Paralysis
- Causes of Paralysis
- Symptoms of Paralysis
- Ayurvedic Medicines and Prescriptions
- Diet and other Regimen
|Rasnadi Quath||50ml of Rasnadi Quathto be taken daily.|
|Medicated Castor Oil||20 ml to be given with milk in the morning.|
|Pippali Mula,Vatavidhwamsana Rasa,
|1gm of Pippali Mula, 60mg of Vatavidhwamsana Rasa, 1gm each of Chopcheeni Churna, Ashwagandha Churna should be taken thrice daily.|
|Brihat Vatachintamani Rasa,Ashwagandha Churna||30mg of Brihat Vatachintamani Rasa and 1gm Ashwagandha Churna should be taken twice daily with meat soup.|
|Mashabaladi Quath,Rock Salt,
|50ml of Mashabaladi Quath, 500mg of Rock Salt and 60mg of Asafoetida should be used as nasal drops.|
|Rasaraja||120mg to be taken with milk as the last thing at night|
In addition, Kupiloo Taila should be rubbed on the affected part. Malla Chandrodaya, Trailokya Chintamani, Siddha Makardhwaja, Navagrahi Shiroraja and Vatanashan Rasa are also some other standard ayurvedic preparations which are very helpful in the treatment of paralysis.
A Vata pacifying diet is recommended for the people suffering from paralysis.
- Warm foods should be preferred to cold foods.
- Light and easily digestible food should be taken.
- The foods which are sweet, sour and salty are good for balancing Vata and should be taken more and bitter, pungent and astringent foods should be avoided.
- Barley, millet and rye must be avoided but rice and wheat are ok to consume.
- Asparagus, beet, carrot and okra, are the vegetables that are very important part of the daily diet.
- The patient should undergo physiotherapy for the afflicted parts which will help in sustaining their strength.