Types of Piles
- Dry piles – In dry piles, the external piles gets inflamed, the pain is continuous and become unbearable while voiding the bowels.
- Bleeding piles – In bleeding piles, the internal piles start bleeding and there may be excessive bleeding which lead to anemia and consequent emaciation.
CAUSES AND SYMPTOMS
A person suffers from piles when the anal region veins become varicose. The main causes of piles are –
- Lack of exercise
- Some morbid conditions of the liver
- Sedentary way of life
If Piles are neglected, the rectum may tend to prolapse in which the rectum comes out of its casing. Impotence, procitis of the rectum may also occur. In some cases, excessive bleeding in piles may also lead to death due to loss of blood.
MEDICINES AND PRESCRIPTIONS
Ayurveda recommends the use of drugs which help in increasing the digestive powers, relieving constipation and relieving flatulence which help in curing piles. For bleeding piles, the main prescribed in ayurveda is Nagakesara.
NAGAKESARA – The powder of the flower of this plant should be given to the patient in the dose of one teaspoonful three times a day.
HARITAKI – This is recommended when there is bleeding along with inflammation and pain. One teaspoonful with milk two or three times a day gives relief from the condition.
TRIPHALA CHURNA – This should be taken regularly to remove the constipation. It should be taken with lukewarm water before going to bed.
ABHYARISHTA – It is also useful in constipation. 30 ml should be dissolved in equal quantity of lukewarm water and taken before going to bed.
SAMANGADI CHURNA, NAGKESHARAYOGA, SAMASHARA CHURNA, LAVANOTTAMADI CHURNA and CHIRABILVADIKASHAY are some other important ayurvedic remedies for both dry and bleeding piles.
There are certain home remedies which are very beneficial for the treatment of piles.
- The poultice made of sesame seeds can be applied over bleeding piles which gives relief, and internally also ½ teaspoonful of sesame seeds can be taken with some butter.
- Radish is very useful for piles. The juice of radish is taken in dose of 60 to 100 ml mixed with little bit of salt daily two times a day for 40 days.
- Butter milk is the best choice for piles.
- The decoction of sonth (dried ginger) is very useful in piles. 30 to 50ml should be taken daily.
DIET AND OTHER REGIMEN
The patients’ food should consist of a bland diet and foods which are soft and easily digestible. Goat’s milk is also helpful in piles. The patient should not use a hard seat or ride horse during treatment. He should also not indulge in too much sex.
Related to your query:
- 25 Best Food to Lower Blood Cholesterol
- Ayurvedic Cure for Paralysis