CAUSES AND SYMPTOMS
Psoriasis may be caused by viral infections, immunization or due to extreme stress. It is also caused due to heredity. Some people do not actually show the symptoms themselves but they pass on the disease. In women, this may disappear when she is pregnant but it often reappears after she has given birth to the baby.
Psoriasis may occur on any part of the body, but it is most commonly seen on knees and elbows. Different types of psoriatic rashes are seen, but deep red or purple are the most common ones. The skin is thick and gets covered with a silvery scale, which is a diagnostic index.It is generally not seen on the face.
In Ayurveda, the causative factor for psoriasis is blood impurities associated with some emotional factors.
MEDICINES AND PRESCRIPTIONS
- Guggulu Tiktaka Ghrita is given internally. It helps in proper digestion and removes impurities from the blood. One teaspoonful should be given daily with a cup of hot milk on an empty stomach.
- Chandamrita is given in a one grain dose with honey on an empty stomach. This is given when some improvement is seen after some days.
- Manjishtha in the dose of one ounce should be given twice during the day.
- Kushta Rakshasa Taila is used for external application on the affected part of the body in case of itching.
- Half a teaspoonful of pure Haldi powder is added to the 1 teaspoon full of neem powder, and taken twice a day with lukewarm water.
- A fine powder of dried neem leaves should be taken twice daily with a glass of water.
- A paste made of neem leaves and pure turmeric powder should be applied over the affected part before taking bath.
- The psoriasis patient should take bath with water boiled in neem leaves.
DIET AND OTHER REGIMEN
- Spicy food, curd and salt should be avoided.
- Vegetables like drumsticks, bitter gourd and flowers of the neem tree are helpful.
- Clothes made of man-made fibers should not be worn.
- The patient should not scratch the affected parts.
Related to your query:
- Ayurvedic Cure for Puerperal Fever
- Ayurvedic Cure for Poliomyelitis