In Ayurveda, Leukoderma (Vitiligo) is known as Kilas. The literal meaning of leukoderma is white skin. In this condition there is a localized loss of pigmentation of the skin.
CAUSES AND SYMPTOMS
According to Ayurvedic principles, Leukoderma is caused due to malfunctioning of liver which results in a deficiency of pitta. Vitiligo patient experiences acute itching. A burning sensation may also be felt. If the patient scratches, it leads to the oozing out of pus or watery discharge.
MEDICINES AND PRESCRIPTIONS
Patients suffering from Leukoderma must cure constipation first. Any type of digestive disorders should be treated first.
Kutaja is the drug of choice for this condition. Powder of the bark of this plant is given to the patient. Dosage: One teaspoonful thrice daily.
Arogyavardhini Vati is also very useful. Dosage: Four tablets thrice daily are given.
Bhalltaka is also beneficial in treating this condition and linctus made from this drug is given in one teaspoonful dose thrice daily. A glass of milk should be given after this drug.
For leukoderma, the following prescriptions are recommended.
|Decoction of Khadira and Amla|
|60ml to be taken in the morning|
|250mg of Shashilekha Vati, 60mg of Rasa Manikya and 4ml each of Vakuchi Taila and Honey to be taken thrice daily.|
|Shweta Gunjadi Taila|
|To be applied on the affected parts.|
HOME REMEDIES FOR LEUKODERMA
- Ginger juice 10ml twice a day should be taken. This ensures proper blood supply to these white patches and is very helpful.
- Turmeric powder mixed in mustard oil is also good for external application in this disorder.
- The decoction of amla and kher should be mixed with honey and taken in the dose of 20 to 50ml twice daily.
- Red clay is effective in the patches because it is rich in copper. This should be mixed in fresh ginger juice in equal quantity and applied over the affected part once daily.
- Leaves of neem (margosa) crushed with amla churna should be taken ½ to 1 teaspoonful once daily for about a month.
LEUKODERMA: DIET AND OTHER REGIMEN
- Patient should not be given salt as salt free diet helps in speeding up recovery. Rock salt can be taken but in very little quantities.
- Vegetables with a bitter taste are beneficial.
- Skin should not be exposed to sun and heat.
Related to your query:
- High Blood Pressure: Causes Symptom & Treatment
- Ayurvedic Cure for Low Blood Pressure