Causes of Amnesia
The exact causes of Amnesia are not known to medical science. The memory function of brain is coordinated by the Cortex. The medical science is yet to understand the precise mechanism underlying the memory process.
Researches however have assimilated certain causes of Amnesia based on corrrelation of similar causes observed in Amnesia patients.
As per the limited amount of factual conclusions, Amnesia can be caused by external (psychological) & internal factors (physiological).
Psychological Causes of Amneisa
The important external causes of amnesia include:
1) Excessive psychological stress
2) Attention deficit disorder
3) Neurosis & Anxiety disorder
4) Brain aneurysm
6) Korsakoff\’s psychosis
7) Any kind of Psychogenic or Emotional trauma
and other similar clinical psychological disoders. ,
Physiological causes of Amnesia includes:
1) A natural aging process
2) Damage to braincaused by some injury
3) Excessive & prolonged use of sedatives or other drugs
4) Excessive Alcoholism & Alcohol-Induced Disorders
5) Lack of peaceful sleep
6) Excessive fatigue
7) Blockage in adequate blood supply to the brain due to circulatory disorders.
8) Sign of some degenerative brain disease – like Alzheimer’s disease.
10) Brain infection / injury or tumor / Meningitis
11) Cerebral hypoxia
14) Diencephalic syndrome of infancy – amnesia
17) Prolonged Migraine
The most common type of amnesia is verbal amnesia. Its symptoms are:
- The patient forgets names or words
In the condition where there is temporary loss of memory the symptoms are:
- The patient forgets his/her own identity like, name, age , family details and any of his/her past life.
Related to your query:
- Types of Amnesia (Memory Loss)
- Natural Cure for Amnesia