What are varicose veins?
Varicose Veins are a condition in which veins (thin walled vessels that carry impure blood) become thickened, dilated or enlarged. While they may affect any part of the body, they most commonly affect the legs.
Varicose veins causes
Sluggish blood circulation is the main cause of Varicose veins.
Sluggishness can be attributed to constitutional or habitual causes like dietetic error, lack of exercise, smoking and constipation. Jobs which require standing for long periods or wearing tight clothes may also cause Varicose veins. Pregnancy can also lead to varicose veins due to increase in pressure on the abdomen and the pelvic region.
Varicose veins symptoms
- Swelling along the course of veins
- Swelling and/or Muscular cramps
- Feeling of exhaustion in the legs
- Weakness behind the knees
- Skin turning blue and pigmented
Home cure for Varicose Veins
Nutritional supplements for varicose veins treatment
- Vitamin C: Around 2500 mg a day
- Vitamin E: Around 1000 mg a day
Vitamin C & Vitamin E help improve blood circulation and relive the pain caused by varicose veins.
Juice fast for 4 days or an all fruit diet for 7 days is prescribed to cleanse the body of toxicity. Thereafter, the patient to progressively get on with well balanced diet comprising of grains, raw vegetables, fruits, seeds and nuts.
Fast may be undertaken every month, depending on the progress witnessed.
Food to be avoided
- White floor products
- White sugar products
- Alcohol, Coffee, Tea
- Any other condiments
- Massage of legs: to improve blood circulation
- Warm water enema to cleanse bowels
- Deep breathing exercises
- Alternate hot and cold hip bath – daily
- Hot epsom salt bath – once a week
- Mud pack – to be applied and left overnight
- Inverted yoga postures like Sirshasana and Viparitakarini
Related to your query:
- Home Cure for Warts
- Home Cure for Urticaria