Warning: Nephritis is a serious condition and doctors must be consulted for its proper diagnosis and treatment. Natural remedies suggested here must not be solely relied for its treatment. At best these recommendations can be used in addition to the main course of treatment. Always consult your doctor for advices.
Nephritis is an inflammation of the kidneys. Nephritis is also known as bright’s disease. Nephritis is of different types: acute nephritis, chronic nephritis, glomerulonephritis, autoimmune nephritis, interstitial nephritis, pyelo
nephritis. This disease mostly occurs in childhood or adolescence. This condition must not be taken lightly.
- The main symptom of acute nephritis is pain in the kidneys, down to ureter, fever, highly
colored and scanty urine, a little pain at the back.
- Urine may contain blood, clumps of red and white cells which may not be visible,
- Puffiness in face, swelling of the feet and ankles
- In acute cases, the patient may pass large amount of albumin in the urine. There may also be a raise in blood pressure and the patient may develop uraemia.
- Nephritis may be caused due to infection , or an attack of scarlet fever. The main cause of this disease is wrong food habits and weak defense mechanism of the body.
- Sometimes nephritis can be hereditary.
- Streptococcus bacteria usually causes nephritis which affects children and adults. This bacteria causes damage in the filtering units of kidney which results in nephritis.
- Ailments which can bring nephritis are, renal tuberculosis, typhoid, yellow fever, immune complex disease.
- Sometimes even medicines and poison also can cause nephritis.
The following may be effective home remedies for nephritis.
Banana: Banana is also effective for treating nephritis. Since banana has low protein and salt , and is high in carbohydrate , it is very helpful in treating the disease. One can also take only banana diet, like eight or nine bananas a day, for three or four days as a treatment for this disease.
Parsley: Parsley is a very good home remedy for nephritis. Parsley contains large amounts of ascorbic acid, hence is a good blood cleanser. It also increases the discharge of urine.
Papaya: Papaya is useful for nephritis. The fruit is a very good food for kidney ailments and also a very good healer. This fruit can be taken as frequently as possible in a day and can be included in the diet along with the meal.
Birch: Birch is very effective home remedy for nephritis. Make a infusion with dried leaves in a cup of water , drink this mix a couple of hours after the three main meals.
The best way to treat acute nephritis is to take a vegetable juice fast for seven or ten days. This will remove toxins and impurities that cause inflammation of the kidney.
Followed by an all fruit diet for four or five days and thereafter one can start on low protein vegetarian diet, with more of fresh fruits and steamed vegetables . one should try to eat more of high-fiber vegetables and fruits. Eating raw vegetables helps to increase resistance towards illnesses.
In cases of chronic nephritis, after a juice diet of four or five days ,one may go on a diet of restricted food. Oranges or orange juice is good for breakfast, lunch consisting of salad of raw seasonal vegetables and dinner can be of one or two steamed vegetable and nuts.
The patient can continue the fasting on juice and restricted diets for about two or three months at regular periods ,till the conditions become normal.
The patient must avoid vegetables which have large quantities of oxalic acid, like spinach, rhubarb. Avoid chocolates and cocoa as they have oxalic acid. common salt must also be avoided and should not be included in the diet. One should preferably take five or six small meals rather than a few large meals.
A warm water enema should be taken everyday to cleanse the bowels during the only juice diet.
Related to your query:
- 15 Best Home Cures for Yeast Infection
- 13 Best Natural Treatments for Nail Fungus