Collection of 18 Natural Cures and home remedies for Leucorrhoea (Vaginitis)
What is Leucorrhoea ?
- Symptoms and causes of Leucorrhoea
- Is it Leucorrhoea?
- 18 Best Natural cures for Leucorrhoea (Vaginitis)
- Fasting for treatment of Leucorrhoea
- Leucorrhoea: Foods to avoid
- Other recommendations for Treatment of Leucorrhoea
Abnormal, foul smelling, slimy, frothy, dirty white, greenish or yellowish discharge from female genitals which is accompanied by inflammation, irritation and redness is known as Leucorrhoea (Vaginitis).
Leucorrhoea can last for weeks or about a month and may affect the reproductive organs of women.
Leucorrhoea is mainly experienced during puberty, when sexual organs are developing in a woman. Leucorrhoea can be very irritating and damaging if left untreated.
|Symptoms of leucorrhoea||Causes of leucorrhoea|
|The following are some of the symptoms of leucorrhoea:|
|The following may be the causes of leucorrhoea:|
Unhygienic conditions of genitals make them prone to bacterial infections and other kinds of infections. Vaginitis may occur during menstruation period, due to thickening of mucous membrane.
Vaginal discharge is the main symptom of leucorrhoea. However not all vaginal discharge is leucorrhoea.
Vaginal discharge may occur due to general factors such as pregnancy, excessive vaginal ovulation during menstruation or menopause. Normally such secretions are cyclic and regular occurrence. They are more viscous (stiffens the clothes) and non-odorous. Examination shows no inflammation or redness. Such discharge do not do not affect the cervical mucus and do not result in itching, irritation or functional disorders.
Discharge related with leucorrhoea (or other STDs like yeast infection, chlamydia and trichomoniasis) are generally foamy, greenish-white, foul-smelling and infectious.
A proper diagnosis using vaginal swab is very important to diagnose the exact infection, before treatment can ensue.
The following are some effective home remedy for leucorrhoea:
Lady s finger (Okra): Lady’s finger has various useful minerals which are beneficial in Leucorrhoea. Take about 100 gm of lady s finger and add a liter of water to it. Boil this for at least 20 minutes to make an infusion. After it cools, sweeten the drink and take it daily as frequently as possible, till the symptoms are gone.
Mango seeds: Dry and grind the mango seeds to make a powder. Add a little water to this powder to make a fine paste, apply this paste outside and inside the vaginal tract to treat leucorrhoea.
Guava leaves: Steep guava leaves in water and simmer for about 30 minutes. Strain it and use twice daily, as a douche over the vaginal area till the symptoms disappear.
Rice water: Wash rice and strain it. Add honey or sugar to this water to sweeten it, before consuming it. This is a good remedy to get rid of itchiness and fatigue.
Betel nut: Betel nut is very effective home cure for leucorrhoea. Chew a few betel nuts after every meal. This also prevents future occurrence of leucorrhoea. Take some betel nuts, add some rose petals and crush together. Add a little sugar. Drink it or use this as a douche to apply over the genitals.
Sandalwood oil: Take a few drops of sandalwood oil twice a day.
Cumin seeds: Grind some cumin seeds and mix it with honey and apply over the vaginal area. A concoction made of cumin seeds is very effective in treating leucorrhoea.
Smilax china powder: Make a paste using smilax china powder and milk and apply it over the genital areas for better results, use twice daily.
Other Herbs: Lamium album, White nettle and Tiger lily are other herbs which are effective in treatment of Leucorrhoea. However, they must be used under the guidance of naturopaths.
Fasting is an essential part of holistic treatment of Leucorrhoea. Fasting unclogs the lymph and helps in deep cleansing and total detoxification.
A Leucorrhoea sufferer should begin with a dry fast (without eating/drinking) for one day. This can be followed by 2-3 days of fasting on water and fruit juices to cleanse the bowel. This can be followed by an all fruit diet for about a week before resuming on normal diet comprising of raw vegetables, grains, fresh fruits and cereals.
- Avoid spicy and fried food completely.
- Avoid food made of white flour
- Avoid white sugar products
- Avoid tea, coffee, alcohol and other condiments
- Avoid tinned/ canned food
- Maintain good hygiene, especially in the genital areas to prevent any bacterial infections.
- Hydrotherapy/ Hip bath/Cold sitz bath are effective in increasing blood circulation in the vagina. Cold water bath also helps relieve congestion in the pelvic region. Take daily hydrotherapy to speed up healing.
- Exercise regime helps in treatment of leucorrhoea. Exercises improve blood circulation and builds immunity to bacterial attacks.
- Aromatherapy with anti-infective essential oils of rosemary, oregano and sandalwood is effective natural cure for Leucorrhoea
- Adequate sleep and rest facilitate faster healing.
- Herbal tea such as green tea blended with sage or blackberry leaves facilitates in treatment of .
- Avoid sanitary napkins, deodorants, sprays and other irritants during treatment as they can aggravate leucorrhoea.
Related to your query:
- Weakness after Urination: causes, precautions and natural cures
- Ayurvedic Cure for Whooping Cough