In Ayurveda, Black Water Fever is known as Kalamcha Jwara. There is a complication of malaria in which the blood pigment is present in the urine (haemoglobinuria). This is known as black water fever.
CAUSES AND SYMPTOMS AS PER AYURVEDA
In black water fever, the red blood corpuscles get destroyed due to which the urine turns into a dark red color. It is an acute disease and generally known to tropical countries.
The main and noticeable symptoms of black water fever are rise in temperature of the body, shivering, nausea and vomiting, discomfort due to gastritis and jaundice. The most obvious symptom is the urine color which turns to blackish or brownish due to the presence of blood pigment in the urine. Both the spleen and the liver get enlarged and tender. There is great amount of sweating before the temperature falls and the skin becomes jaundiced.
According to ayurveda, the black water fever is a result of the vitiation of the kapha and the pitta.
MEDICINES AND PRESCRIPTIONS AS PER AYURVEDA
The following ayurvedic medicines are recommended for the black water fever:
|200 mg of swarnagairika and 100 mg each of tal bhasma, swarnamakshika bhasma and meghnada rasa should be taken four times in a day.|
|500 mg each of Laksha Churna and Karanjadi Vati, 200 mg of Chandanadi Lauha and 100 mg of Raktapittakulakandana Rasa should be taken with decoction of the bark of neem four times daily.|
DIET AND OTHER REGIMEN AS PER AYURVEDA
- Spices, fats and hard to digest foods should not be taken. Food light on stomach should be given.
- Sweet substances and liquids like sugarcane juice, fruit juices should be included in large amounts. Fresh coconut water is also considered to be very effective in this case.
- Constipation generally occurs during this condition and a mild laxative should be given to deal with it.
- Alcohol and tobacco should be completely avoided.
- Strict bed rest is advised for the patient.