In Ayurveda, Enlargement of the Prostate Gland is known as Mutraghata. It is a condition in which the urine cannot be excreted properly through the urethra. Enlargement of the prostate gland may also lead to dysuria. Prostate enlargement is a normal part of the ageing process and a very common problem in males above 60 years.
Ayurvedic Cure for Enlargement of the Prostate Gland
There are numerous ayurvedic medicines and herbs which are useful in this condition.
|200mg of Varunadi lauha and 100 mg of Gokshuradyavaleha should be given with cow’s milk two times in a day.|
|500mg of each of Yavakshara and Chandraprabha Vati and 1gm of Shweta Parpati to be given with decoction of gokharu three times in a day.|
Ayurvedic herbs which are useful to treat enlargement of the prostate gland are given below:-
- SHILAJEET – It is a balanced general tonic which consists of useful minerals and organic constituents. It is used in combination with other plant decoctions to support various functions of the body and also helps in enlargement of the prostate gland.
- GOKSHURA – This helps in reducing inflammation and to maintain regular flow of urine, stops dribbling after urination, helps to control urgency of urine and also strengthens the urinary system.
- SHATAVARI – This is a very popular herb in ayurveda and useful in relieving inflammation and improves urination.
- USHIRA – This is popularly also known as khas or khas grass. This is used for many diseases such as fever, boil, and ulcer etc and enlarged prostate being one of them.
- PUNARNAVA – It is used in all urinary problems which are caused due to enlargement of the prostate.
- LATA KARANJ – This is also soothing and helps in relieving inflammation which makes it particularly beneficial for an enlarged prostate.
- KACHNAAR GUGGUL – This is another herbal remedy for this disease as it is used for all types of excessive growth of various tissues.