In ayurveda, pyorrehoea is called as Dantvesha or Putidanta. Pyorrehoea is charecterized by excessive discharges of pus from the roots of gums and teeth. If not cured in the initial stages, this can lead to various diseases. This happens because the patient swallows the pus along with the food and the consumed pus then gets absorbed into the gastro-intestinal system.
CAUSES AND SYMPTOMS AS PER AYURVEDA
The common symptoms of pyorrhoea are as follows
- Teeth become loose and start falling one after another
- Gum paining and bleeding
- Difficulty in chewing solid food ingredients
- Foul smell in mouth
The causes of pyorrhea are
- Unhygienic oral habits.
AYURVEDIC MEDICINES AND PRESCRIPTIONS
- For constipation, triphala powder or decoction of it is very useful and must be taken regularly.
- The powders of the barks Bakula and Babula are very good and are used as tooth powders.
- Dasana Samskara Churna is the most commonly prescribed medicine for pyorrhoea. This is also used as a tooth powder.
- Also the gums should be rubbed with Bhadramustadi Gutika.
- The twig of Neem tree of Banyan tree should be used for brushing.
- Hot water mixed with borax should be used for gargling mouth.
See: More Home remedies for Pyorrhoea
DIET AND OTHER REGIMEN
- Fruits which are high in Vitamin C should be taken more.
- Vegetables like bitter gourd, potato and drumstick are useful.
- The things which stick to the roots of teeth should be avoided as far as possible.