Delays in treatment of ear infection can cause irreversible damages. If earache does not reduce beyond 24 hours of self-treatment, immediately consult a doctor. You must consult a ENT specialist if;
- Earache shows frequent recurrence.
- If earaches is accompanied by fever, tremors or convulsions.
- If earache causes a decrease in hearing ability.
- If earache is accompanied by delirium or dizziness.
- If blood or pus oozes out from ears.
- If there is an injury to the ear (lesions in the ear or perforated eardrum).